God’s and my Princess!! Princess K, 15 years old…I believe HE does smile on her, and we both believe God laughs! Enjoy her first blog entry! I know I did! love me, Princess to Princess!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hello Ladies!!! I have heard so much about you! I just wanted to start off first by saying thanks to every one who was covering me with their prayers while i was in New York City on a missions trip. It was an absolute BLAST!!!!! So were to start….hmmmmm! lol….well Ill start on Monday! OK on Monday we left early in the morning and it was like….really early! We got to NYC at like….my guess is 1pm at the latest. When we got there we had training that really only prepared us for what we were going out there to do…and what our purpose was when we were up there. Well most people probably didn’t see the point in it…..but I thought it was really cool what Sam Fry was saying. ( OK I am just going to stop for a second and tell You who Sam Fry is. Sam is the missionary in NYC and he was going to be taking us around to the neediest parts of NYC. Alright back to Monday!) Now One of the things that really caught my attention was when he said this will be one of the hardest weeks of your life….only beause you are out in the devils territory furthering the kingdom of Heaven! When I heard that….It totally blew the socks off my feet! But it was because he was right!! We had sessions like that until like 9pm . And yes we had curfews…..for the girls and the boys it was 11pm, but for the girls….well you know how we are when we are all cramed in two small rooms hyped on GOD…We sometimes didnt go to sleep til like 1 in the morning…lol!!! But then Tuesday came around and yea we were all dog tired, ha the adults had no clue how late we were all up till! And to this day still don’t..hahaha!!! But any way on Tuesday we got up early and all only had 5 mins in the shower…..(we were timed) yes,I took a 5 min shower…very hard and would not recomend it!! But we had breakfast at 8 and our devotions were after that. Now we had a Book we would write in and it had devotions made up for us. But I think it was Tuesday that I did my own out of my Bible…It was during these times of the day that I learned the most. And many times it was hard enough to get my focus where it needed to be….but one of the things I learned during this time was that if you dont get some kind of attack from the enemy well then you are not really on track with GOD! That was One of the main things GOD was showing me in the course of that week. Well today was our first day doing the open air evangelism on the streets of NYC. I was so siked!!!!!! this was the first time I have ever done anything like this!! Well we started to walk and did some of the subway!! (I’ll tell you more about the subway later) We finally had reached the two corners we were going to be stationed at. One of the corners were in the shade….and the corner I was in was no shade, I was told that it was 103 in the sun! Can you say sweaty with a smile for Jesus!!! Even though it was HOT, God still was preparing hearts. We were handing out these tracks that were labled Heaven or Hell?….were are you going? Quiz. and on the inside it had verses that backed up what it meant to go to heaven, and verses to back up what would not get in to heaven. The tracks were a big success in most of the day. But i was just happy that some one was going to recieve the gospel through accepting what i wanted to give them!!! I think in an average that day i gave out over 45 tracks to people!! Although it was my hand extending out to give them the good news…..it was God who was going to make the diference in there life..not me. well the day was almost done and I had heard all my friends saying how they had led some one to the lord…..and some had led as many as 3 people! Now I was happy for my friends but i started to ask GOD, how come i cant do that, I mean I am trying but how comes the doors not open yet? I was asking this all week pretty much…but GOD was probably just laughing cuzz he had something else in mind for me later! But I did get some what discouraged for a little bit…but God always knew just how to make me feel better!! But latter that night I was reminded that GODs word does not go out void!!! AND THAT IS SO AWSOME!!! Now we are on to Wednesday!! Well wednesday was not as hot…but it was still hot. We started off with breakfast and then devotions and then we started our day from there. Now today we went on the Subway and it was a long journey on there….like half way through New York on the subway!! And so I was standing waiting for us to get to were we needed to be and i heard this really deep deep voice coming throught the aisle. But when i looked it was a very tall, large man walking through asking for some money. he was homeless. and around his neck was a string linked to some cardboard that said something like this……”I am Hopeless and hungery”….yes, I had to read it twice I had no clue what i should have done….but than i tryed to think what would jesus do. But i really wasnt sure what he would have done. So that day i prayed about it and then i asked my mom on the cell….what should i have done about that…..she had told me that jesus would have fed him….And you know what i thought….She is so right. But i had no food with me and i am not GOD. but i was also told that most people who are homeless choose to be that way! I will never forget that man….but i will also never stop praying for him. But that totally opened my eyes for the rest of the week! He is not the only one in new york or in the world who is Hopeless….there are so many out there who are, and its our job to go after them and spread the word of GOD to them no matter what!!!!!! So On towards the rest of the day we were handing out more tracks and I had come across a man who looked to be about 21 years old and when i went up to give him a track i asked him if he believed in God Or Jesus. And his reply was well….he crumbled it up and then threw it right in front of me as i was standing with him. well i looked at the man and smiled and said Have a nice day and waved goodbye to him! so after that i was convinced that the devil was just mad and needed to blow some steam. yea I was a little upset about that but i decided to not let that get to me. That was when i walked a little more around the corner and i had this man ask me what it was i was giving out after i had asked him if he wanted one and i said that it was about Jesus…and how he is the only way to heaven and with out him life pretty much stinks. And he looked at me and said…”I dont believe in Jesus, and i never will!” and he rejected the track. Ok by now i am so upset i walk over to Sam and he asks me how its going and i told him straight out it is not going well. So i told him what the to men told me or did and he said that its not you they just rejected its GOD! So That was pretty much what happened on Wednesday. Thursday, we did the same thing as we did all week…..only today during my devotions all i did was pray. I pretty much was asking GOD why am i not doing good at this…..why is it so hard for me and so easy for everyone else? Well he definitely answered me by telling me what he has been saying….its only hard because you are doing something to further the Kingdom of GOD and The devil wants to plainly knock you out…But then he reminded me with HIS sweet touch….that if you are for me who can be against you!!!! Totaly awesome!!!!! As always!!!!! So now we are on our last day in the Queens (name of where we were) and we were out in the shade again for our last time. I was so pumped and excited i couldnt help but smile constantly!!!! haha! ok so i was standing on the corner of the one block and i saw these two girls who looked to be about 18 or 19. and i walked up to them and sat down beside them and started talking to them. after talking for a little, the one girl started to smoke and that was when i said to them both do you want to take a survey? and they were both like sure. so i gave it to them and the one girl looked at me and she said she was raised catholic and she was not really interested in GOD at the moment….but the other one did, so i popped the question and i asked them do you want to have a savior? Well the one girl Anna was her name, she said “yes i do…..i just dont know how to get to him!” and that made me so happy inside! so I began asking her questions and we talked for a while and she just kept on opening up to me like she had known me for a long time. so before we prayed together she said “why did GOD make me bi-polar?” and i told her that God made you in his image and he made you fearfully and wounderfully ….he calls you a princess and he loves you so so so very much! but in the end she accepted the lord as her savior!! At that point GOD had said to me really loud that she was the one he sent me for!!!! I am very thankfull For all that he had taught me in that week! And I am glad to have been able to share it with you all. Thank you so much for your prayers!!!! Love in christ-princess K
God is always good, but HE somehow out does HIM self on vacation! Our place is the best we have ever had, and all my children are with me for the first time in 6 years!! Not only are they all here, they really are loving on each other, and I did ask them if they were feeling okay? 🙂 My son-in-love is with us, and we are happy to have him…they are just too cute!
Our first day on the beach…
It is not unusual to see dolphins here in OC maryland…but it is unusual to see them right in the breakers near the swimmers! Princess K let us know that “something big is in the water”…and then we did step back to see… one of the dolphins came close enough for us to see his very cute face and show off a little for us. We were all ecstatic to see them so close…but no one as much as Princess K!! She just squealed and was louder than the surf…”That is so God!!! Look what HE made and HE wants us to see it!!” Needless to say the people around us got Jesus on the beach, and if they didn’t get any other message…they got that they were enjoying God’s creation!
My family has a huge answer to prayer, and we are celebrating the goodness of the Lord. My Princess L has started to go to church regularly and has come home to the Lord, and she has brought her knight with her…there will be a church wedding in May 2008!!! Thank you Jesus for bringing her back to YOU. Her and I have been through so much together, and I can not tell you the joy I get from her smile..unexplainable! All my children give me great joy,but that one has been my Isaac more than once…and this was the time I just laid her on HIS altar, don’t think I didn’t plead with HIM for her, I have! But ultimately, I submitted to HIS will, and I just believe HE is good.
Princess K will soon be leaving something on my blog, as she wants to share with all her trip to NY, and open air with Word of Life. I am not going to steal her thunder…you will just have to wait for it.
Computers have never been allowed on vacation before in my family, but my son-in-love needs to check in with his work, and Scott needs to check in with the band (playing Saturday), and if they are allowed…then I am allowed to check in on my Siestas, sistas, and Dollas!!!
Keep praying for my family (me too) as we are here, there is way too much world to fall into! love ya, Me
This has been a very hard week, mostly just alot of things going on at once, and me out of my comfort zone in more than one area. I will try to break it down….
As I have been struggling with the fact that the LORD wants me to have a CDL, and My stepfather has clots in his lungs, my mom doesnt drive, my Princess Lace is making wedding plans, my Princess Katrina is in NY witnessing to people in Times Square, and my Knight Derek hated camp this year, and I am still hearing about it after 2 weeks! Precious Chica nicole needs Jesus…I am so exhausted. So today I was reminded that God has a plan, and it is okay that I do not know it or understand it. Thanking HIM that HE carries me when I can not see straight, drives the car home late at night, gives me smile for the little ones I care for. God really is good, and I have no idea how anyone can walk through this world without HIM.
As the Father and I spoke through out this day…HE reminded me of a box I put away, and that I really needed to get it out and refresh my mind in order to have strength for this day, and a focus that would be firm. What a treasure! The box is filled with all my notes, and quotes from Godly writers, and a very defined list of verses who tell me what and who HE is and what HE is capable of…I delight in these things. Also it has a study that I put together on Prayer, and the layout for a book a never wrote. Some how my mind has been convinced that these are my treasures from the KING, and they are. Each one was a lesson HIM and I went through in the middle of the night, early in the morning, and before I slept for many years. Each one bringing me closer to HIM, and falling in love with my Creator. Some of the lessons I have shared with the girls at the ChristianRehab, and some with the women at church.
These are not just my treasures, these are letters from KING, and they belong to everyone. I asked my Pastor if HE could locate a book for me that would compile my list in one cover…and he very softly and seriously said…It hasn’t been written yet.
I don’t know the first thing about writing a book, I am not even sure HE wants me to write it, maybe HE wants me to pass it on to someone already prepared to do this. Waiting on HIM for instruction, and asking forgiveness for wanting to keep some of the treasure for myself. Something vulnerable happens to me when I open that box…maybe just over my head…living beyond myself…
Thanking God for all my sisters in Blogville, and thanking HIM for showing me the body of Christ just as I thought it would be. I have asked HIM to see it, and my eyes have been opened.
One more step in being an overcomer, Princess in service to her KING.
I was tagged with this by a beautiful diva princess…and now I am passing this on..let’s have fun and just get to know each other!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, friend of my dad
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? last night, probably again tonight
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I do!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Don’t like lunch meats
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes 3 plus a new son in love to be!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? yea…I totally like me!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Absolutely!, sometimes more than I should..working on that.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? when I was younger – yes, now i would probably just hurt myself!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I hate cereal.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? no
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I can take care of myself if I had to, but not like the strongest person I know, strong in Jesus.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Mango ice with softserve vanilla icecream.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Eyes, they truly are a window to the soul.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink wonderful pretty pink, hot pink, soft pink.(no red please I will look like Bob the tomato).
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? some days I take on more than I can possibly do, and make myself cray trying to accomplish it!
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Princess Katrina, who is in NY on a missions trip.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans, no shoes! haha don’t wear them unless I have to.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Dinner-hubby cooked on the grill, steak, and potato wedges, diet coke with splenda (we do not eat steak on the grill very often)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? CeCe winans Throne Room, and Sheba whining…or maybe she is trying to sing to her creator too!
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? Shocking Orange!!!!
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Princess Lace, always smells like a princess, roses when they barely open.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mother
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I do, she is so very much my sister Princess dolla! http://deborah-encouragment.blogspot.com/
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey if Princess Katrina is playing, and football if my little Knight Derek is playing.
27. HAIR COLOR? Dark Brown with strong red highlight
28. EYE COLOR? dark brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no, but I do where glasses..haha bi-focal but hidden lines..(i am not that old yet!)
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian, tex-mex
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Over the Hedge
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? lavendar french cut Tee
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Both!
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both and lots of them please
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Andrew Murray- Wings like eagles
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? laptop, and not sure if I can apply anything to that little thing.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Nothing
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Children’s laughter, lucky my cat purring, Haley Sue my huskey talking to me (she is very vocal!, no idea what she is talking about but she has a lot to say!)
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I used to like both..thank you Jesus for saving me from myself!
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Maine, USA
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can talk for hours and not say a thing!
46.WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Lancaster, PA USA
47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? More of Jesus
48. FAVORITE HOBBY? Reading, dreaming (haha), writing
49. A FRIEND THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD HANG OUT MORE WITH? Jesus
50. IF YOU COULD BE ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW, WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE? NEW YORK!!!!, doing outreach with katrina…or canada looking for Nicole, or KWA ZULU Natal (don’t know where that is) meeting my dolla Deborah! (I think I said to many..oh well its my blog and I will write as many as I want…LOL)
If you are reading this, then you are tagged! Love you Sistas, dollas, Princess’s!
Originally I was supposed to write my own thoughts, but I really loved Angela’s and it never crossed my mind that I was to think on my own. It has been very hot here, and thinking is not my best quality when I am weary….
Here goes- 5 things I love about Jesus…
1. Jesus is always here when no one else can be found, and HE is great company, sense of humor, loving, and totally awesome! Can you imagine the compassion HE had when telling the disciples of how things would go, and then telling them…Take heart, I have overcome the world…I am with you always…I want to love like that, with tenderness and compassion for what others are feeling.
2. I love the way Jesus extended HIS hand to the woman who sat curled up in the corner of the temple, and told her “woman thou are loosed”, I believe HE freed her from more than a physical problem…maybe something deeper that cause the problem…HIS love always looks beyond the surface…I want to love like that.
3. I love how Jesus did not laugh the boys of thunder out of town when they requested to sit at either side of HIM in HIS kingdom. HE has so much understanding in our totally foolish thinking and still loves…I want to love like that.
4. I love the way Jesus spoke to the woman caught in adultery…HE looked past the general consentious, and did not care to be politically correct…and gave her another chance..”Unlimited Do-overs”…I want to love like that.
5. Jesus loved HIS fathers will more than HIS own, and died for the unrighteous, to build a bridge for me and you to cross over. HE rose again so that maybe I can love like that.
Now you are all still tagged! I just didn’t get it right the first time. hahaha Jesus is good to us, and I did need a laugh!