While strolling through cyberspace, I checked out “Mudpuppy”( http://mudpuppy.wordpress.com ). He gave me permission to do his meme and tag you all, lol, yes folks, it is the after Christmas must-make-my-brain-work.
01. One book that changed your life Breaking free, by Beth Moore – honestly when I read this book, I didn’t even know what a stronghold was much less that I had some!
02. One book that you have read more than once To be totally truthful, I don’t read much the second time, I highlight things that jump out at me, and skim the next few times…my Bible would be the only book that I have read more than once
03. One book you would want on a deserted Island Desiring God, by John Piper – it takes me forever to digest everything he is saying in this book, but on a desert island, I would need the reminder that God is happy with himself, and also delights in me.
04. One book that made you laugh God still uses crackedpots, by Patsy Clairmont just about anything she writes makes me laugh til my eyes spring a leak. She is even funnier in person!
05. One book that made you cry Woman, thou are loosed, by TDJakes (and he does have a mans version of this book) book shows us how we have been conditioned by life and how we are free from those experiences, and how they control us if we don’t shine the light of Jesus on them.
06. One book that you wish had been written I know this one is “in process”, but the story of Tammy’s life and how she shares it with her daughter..I know from reading pieces it is going to be a best seller!
07. One book that you wish had never been written I am taking this one from Mudpuppy b/c I couldn’t agree more=If I did it. By OJ Simpson (can anyone say CMON!!, GEEZZZ)
08. One book you are currently reading What Jesus demands from the world, by John Piper – Jesus has all authority, and it is going to be one of those life changing books, just can’t read this author too fast, but always full of scripture, and insight.
09. One book you have been meaning to read When Iron sharpens Iron, and I can’t remember the author or authors-theology book…any of you seminary students know this one..I will update as soon as I find the author. 🙂
10. Now I am suppose to tag 5 people (if your name is not on the list, you are not off the hook…leave me something and let me know you are doing it…always looking for something new to read) God’s Gal, In process, Inworship, The Point, Notes from the soul, Hover frog (the magnificient), Jenny-Hope….I can never stop at 5 so if you are here you are tagged! LOL