1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
2. My mother taught me RELIGION .
“You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL .
“If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
4. My mother taught me LOGIC .
“Because I said so, that’s why.”
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
“If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the shop with me.”
6.. My mother taught me FORESIGHT .
“Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
7. My mother taught me IRONY ..
“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
“Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
“Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA .
“You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER .
“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY .
“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE ..
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .
“Stop acting like your father!”
15. My mother taught me about ENVY .
“There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.”
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION .
“Just wait until we get home.”
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
“You are going to get it when you get home!”
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE .
“If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way.”
19. My mother taught me ESP .
“Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?”
20.. My mother taught me HUMOR.
“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
“If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”
22. My mother taught me GENETICS .
“You’re just like your father.”
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS .
“Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?”
24. My mother taught me WISDOM .
“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
And my favorite:
25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE .
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you! “
(the funniest thing about this is my daughter sent this to me…hahahaha )
11 responses to “Happy Mother’s Day!”
Ah ha ha ha!!!
I’m going to give this to my mother tomorrow!
Hey nice post on Mother
Hey, this is very nice post on Mother
Brilliant Darla – I love it…especially that your daughter sent it to you…hahahaa!
Hope your day is great!
Haha funny and SO true!!!
Have a beautiful mother’s day :]
I hope you, and your family, had a great Mother’s Day weekend.
I placed some flowers on my mother’s grave.
Great observations about what motherhood means, especially:
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”
I love that girl of yours, let her know for me would ya??? Love you too prin… 😉
Nice one. hehehe. Your daughter is so sweet, hehe. 🙂
Happy mothers’ day, sistah.
sherma!! i have been taking a break…but I am ready to come back!!! love you sistah!
thanks to all of you…you greatly encourage me! 😉
Hey Darla long time no blog comment! But I had to on this one! Someone sent it to me a while back and I loved it…sounds just like all my mother taught me!! lol Hope you are well!